Connected Libraries (CL) is part of the Public Libraries Victoria shared collections and services.
A new courier service for the transport of resources between libraries has been appointed and we are happy to announce that inter-library loans have returned as of 1st May 2023.
Connected Libraries has been working with the peak body Public Libraries Victoria to ensure this valuable service can continue for members.
Some changes will apply:
- A limit of 20 holds per member at any one time
- To increase efficiency, we will be moving to weekly deliveries of these items. Please be aware delays may apply.
- New release titles may no longer be eligible for inter-library loans.
If we do not have the title in question available in our local collection, please use the purchase request option.
- We ask members to be mindful of the costs of an inter-library loan.
- Moving books involves carbon miles and costs for the borrowing library. It’s up to all of us to ensure we responsibly use this service.