eAudiobooks on Mobile Devices
To get started with eAudiobooks on your mobile device (smartphone or tablet) you will first need to install the Borrowbox app, available iTunes or Google Play Store.
- Search for ‘BorrowBox’.
- Tap ‘Get’ to download the app.
Note: you will need to be connected to the internet and will need the details of your Apple or Google account if you are not already logged in.
Once you have installed Borrowbox, tap the icon to open it. Follow the prompts to sign in:
- Select your library service: type in Connected Libraries
- Enter your ID/Barcode: this is your library card number
- Enter your Password: this is what you chose at the time of membership. If you have forgotten your password you can reset it here.
- Hit sign in. The first time you sign in you will be asked to set up your account with an email address.
Your app will open on the account screen.
- You can view the details of your current loans, reserves and loan history.
- Choose eAudiobooks from the menu to browse the library collection.
- Tap search at the bottom of the screen to search for author or title.
- Tap any eAudiobook for more information about that title
- Tap borrow anywhere you see the green button to check out the eAudiobook
Download the eAudiobook
- Confirm your loan
- Choose whether you want to listen now or keep browsing
- If you choose listen now you will be prompted to download the eAudiobook in full or parts
Listening to an eAudiobook
- Use the player to play the book or navigate through by pressing pause, fast forward or rewind.
- Make sure your volume is switched on on your device so that you can hear the eAudiobook.
Returning an eAudiobook
- It is good practice to return an eAudiobook once you have finished with it. This will make it available for other library members sooner. You can do this in your account under loans.
- All eAudiobooks are automatically returned by the expiry date.
eAudiobooks on PC or Laptop
To get started with eBooks on your PC or laptop you will need to install Adobe Digital Editions, a free program.
Select the installer for your computer’s operating system: Windows or Macintosh
Once you have installed Adobe Digital Editions, go to the Bolinda website.
- Click sign in at the top right
- Enter your library card number and password.
- On first time signing in you will be asked to complete your registration. Enter your email address.
- Read and agree to the terms and conditions and hit submit
- Read the information on the following screen and then hit next
- You will then be directed to the main page. The blue bar at the top shows your loans, reserves and my account.
- Select eAudiobooks from the tabs on the left hand side next to ‘start’. By default you will see both ebooks and eaudiobooks.
- Click on any book cover or title to find out more about it.
- Click the green borrow button to borrow
- Confirm or cancel your loan
- Click the green button to download complete audiobook, or download in parts via the links below that
- Once the audiobook has downloaded, double click the file to open it and click on the first file to listen